Queried about the criteria to be used by the Senate Nominating Committee in constructing the Academic Planning Task Force, Patrick Oosthuizen (Chair of Committee) has responded as follows (extract from an email of 8 December 2010):
I have spoken informally to a couple of members of the nominating committee and based on that interaction and on my own views I have developed the following list of factors that will have to be taken into account in selecting the membership of the committee:
- The Task Force should have members from a wide range of university faculties and units.
- The majority of the Task Force members must be Senators.
- Task Force members should have a good knowledge of the academic structure of Queen’s University.
- Task Force members should have a good understanding of the differences between the needs of and approaches adopted by the various segments of the university.
- Task Force members should be able to approach the writing of the plan with an open mind.
- Committee members should be able to devote a significant amount of time to the work of the committee.